• The immobilizer system is a vehicle theft prevention device that only allows remote transmitters that have been previously programmed to the vehicle to start the engine.
System Wiring Diagram
• The immobilizer system-related parts programmed to the immobilizer system have a programmed key ID number, and starting the engine is only permitted when the key ID number matches.
• Immobilizer system-related parts can be programmed using the Mazda Modular Diagnostic System (M-MDS).
• A maximum 6 remote transmitters can be programmed to one vehicle.
• If the following parts are replaced, it is necessary to program them to the immobilizer system.
― Remote transmitter (transponder)
Key code read function
• The coil antenna is integrated with the push button start.
• By touching the center area of the emblem on the remote transmitter to the center area of the push button start, the coil antenna reads the key code from the transponder integrated with the remote transmitter.
• Operate in the following order to allow the ignition switched to ON.