• The steering shift switch detects the shift-up and shift-down operations of the steering shift.
• Steering shift switch signal is sent to the TCM via the CAN and is used for the manual shift control and engine transaxle total control.
• The steering shift switches are installed on the back side of the steering wheel; the up switch on the right side and the down switch on the left side.
• By positioning the steering shift switches for ease of driver use, operation of the switches has been improved while ensuring an easy-to-grip steering wheel.
• The steering shift switches are a momentary-type switch, thus the contact point closes only when a switch is operated (pulled).
• The TCM detects the steering shift switch operation condition by opening/closing the up or down switch contact point for the steering shift switch.