• The R-3-5 brake operates in 3GR, 5GR and in reverse to lock the reduction planetary carrier against rotation.
• The R-3-5 brake consists of the following parts shown in the figure.
• The driven plate of the R-3-5 brake does not rotate because it is connected to the end cover component.
• The R-3-5 brake drive plate is engaged with the R-3-5 brake hub and reduction planetary carrier, and locks the reduction planetary carrier.
• For the R-3-5 brake piston, a compact and highly reliable bonded seal piston has been adopted in which the piston and seal are molded together.
• When hydraulic pressure is applied to the R-3-5 brake piston, the drive plate and driven plate are pressure bonded to lock the reduction planetary carrier.