• The PCM controls energization to the starter relay according to an immobilizer system request to improve security.
• While not in P or N position, the starter relay energization by the ignition key is inhibited.
When engine stop request signal received
• The PCM does not establish a ground with the starter circuit. Therefore, even if the ignition is switched ON (START), the starter motor does not rotate because the starter relay is not energized, and the engine does not start.
When engine stop request signal not received
• The PCM establishes a ground with the starter circuit. Therefore, when the ignition is switched ON (START), the starter relay is energized and the starter motor rotates. As a result, the engine starts normally.
• The PCM turns the starter relay off with the engine speed at the set value or more (value from engine coolant temperature fluctuates).