• Opens/closes the throttle valve to adjust the amount of air supplied to the cylinder.
• Opens/closes the throttle valve according to the control signal from the PCM.
• The throttle body is installed to the intake manifold.
• The throttle body consists of a throttle valve, throttle valve actuator, TP sensor, and return spring.
• The throttle valve actuator opens/closes the throttle valve according to the control signal from the PCM. If there is a malfunction in the throttle valve actuator, the throttle valve is closed by the return spring in the throttle body.