• The active air shutter opens/closes the shutter based on the open/close signal from the PCM. In addition, the active air shutter sends the current position of the shutter to the PCM.
• The active air shutter cannot be disassembled. If the active air shutter is disassembled, the active air shutter system will not operate correctly. Therefore do not disassemble.
• The active air shutter consists of the following parts.
― Shutter (22)
― Shroud panel
• The actuator is built into the LIN driver which performs communication with the PCM.
1. When the open/close signal from the PCM is received, the active air shutter operates the actuator (1).
2. When the actuator operates, the shaft-integrated shutter rotates (2).
3. When the shaft-integrated shutter rotates, the link operates to rotate the remaining shutters simultaneously (3).
4. The actuator detects the shutter rotation angle and sends the current position signal of the shutter to the PCM (4).
• When the ignition is switched OFF, the shutter fully closes.
• The shutter fully closes when the ignition is switched ON (engine running) and a shutter close signal is received.
• When the ignition is switched ON (engine on) and a shutter open signal is received, the shutter opens to the intermediate opening position from the fully closed position or the fully open position to facilitate air flow to the radiator and condenser.