• The EPS motor is driven by the control current from the EPS Control Module (CM) and generates assist torque to manual steering mechanism.
• The EPS motor is installed to the steering column with an integrated EPS CM.
• The EPS motor is a brushless motor which consists of a three-phase star-connected stator, a permanent magnet rotor, and resolver sensor.
• Current flows from the EPS CM to the stator to rotate the motor axis which is integrated with the rotor.
• A resolver sensor for detecting rotation angle is built into the EPS motor and outputs a motor rotation angle signal to the EPS CM.
• The EPS CM switches the current flowing to each stator based on the rotation angle signal from the resolver sensor.